Houston – December 23rd, 2020 – Voyager Portal, a leading marine supply chain visibility and automation platform, today announced its strongest year yet as it expanded its global customer base of shippers, traders and manufacturers. Despite the challenges, Voyager Portal introduced a range of new innovations that the industry leveraged to improve voyage planning, workplace productivity, inventory visibility and demurrage.
- Record growth in shippers across manufacturing, crude oil, petrochemicals, minerals and chemicals.
- New carriers onboarded in 2020 represent a combined fleet of over 1000 merchant ships.
- Voyages under management grew 11x over the year.
Innovation in 2020
Voyager Portal continues to innovate across the cargo value chain with increasing numbers of supply chain, customer service, production and operations teams utilizing the platform to improve visibility and automation. Key innovations for 2020 have been focused on driving tangible gains in demurrage reduction, process automation and arrival variance detection.
- Demurrage early warning enables shippers to proactively mitigate the impact of demurrage events before they occur by combining workflow automation capabilities with congestion predictions
- Automated ETA capture and validations takes the workload out of capturing, structuring and validating the array of Estimated Time of Arrival and Berthing updates that come in from service providers. By structuring incoming arrival information and cross referencing it we can provide a robust single source of truth for our customers
- Low-code workflow modelling is allowing our customers to take BPM diagrams from open source applications like Camunda and directly upload them into Voyager Portal. Once uploaded our low-code modelling capabilities turn those processes into executable workflows that can be completed by internal and external stakeholders
- Voyager Portals RFx and workflow capabilities are being utilized by customers to streamline and automate the bid and tender process for marine contracts
Looking forward to 2021
Next year will promise to be another big one for our customers and the industry as we continue to strengthen key features and layer in additional automation and analytics capabilities. This would all not be possible without the support of our customers and the continued resilience displayed by the Voyager family during what has been an extraordinary year.